Welcome to Gaming On Steroids Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Please help: Cannot create file "older", Access Denied

download older old error create access denied appdata file loader

Best Answer Viridian , 04 September 2016 - 11:50

Have you tried this yet?:

Locate the file or folder on which you want to change permissions.

Right click the folder or file and select "Properties" from the Context menu.

Click on the "Edit" button in the Properties window and click "OK" to confirm the UAC elevation request. Proceed to select the users or groups which you want to give permissions. Select the rights which you want to give the selected users or groups by checking the rights under the "Allow" column. Now, once you've done that, press "Apply" and then "OK".

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

meancube

meancube

• Members
  • 1 posts

Patch 6.17
I clicked the button "DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL". Then the following error message popped up:

error.png

I tried about everything I could (deleting the directory, replacing GoS launcher, changing permissions, running as admin, etc), and it still gives me the same message over and over.

I am stuck and I need some help.

Zwei

Zwei

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 2,201 posts

This error indicates not enough permissions tho :huh:

Viridian

Viridian

PogChamp

• Ex-Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
✓  Best Answer

Have you tried this yet?:

Locate the file or folder on which you want to change permissions.

Right click the folder or file and select "Properties" from the Context menu.

Click on the "Edit" button in the Properties window and click "OK" to confirm the UAC elevation request. Proceed to select the users or groups which you want to give permissions. Select the rights which you want to give the selected users or groups by checking the rights under the "Allow" column. Now, once you've done that, press "Apply" and then "OK".

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: download, older, old, error, create, access, denied, appdata, file, loader

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users