Welcome to Gaming On Steroids Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Couldn't Riot simply detect us because we press (and hold) spacebar or other orbwalker hotkeys a lot?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Yoshi

Yoshi

• Members
  • 15 posts

Title.

Chally

Chally

SURRENDER

• Ex-Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Well change your hotkey as Q W E R 
Q for last hit
W for Harass
E for Lane Clear
R for combo

Pro player do often press spacebar and any other player so it doesn't matter 

Edited by Challenger, 15 January 2017 - 02:18 .

Yoshi

Yoshi

• Members
  • 15 posts

Well change your hotkey as Q W E R 
Q for last hit
W for Harass
E for Lane Clear
R for combo

There would be no reason for me to hold them for a big period of time, anyway.

MonkeyKid

MonkeyKid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationBrazil

I don't think so because in their terms of service they say whenever this kind of data is collected (anything related to how you play the game) it is anonymously.

Viridian

Viridian

PogChamp

• Ex-Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Pressing spacebar =/= scripting. If someone were to hold spacebar while playing legitimately, that would make for a false detection.

Chally

Chally

SURRENDER

• Ex-Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts

There would be no reason for me to hold them for a big period of time, anyway.

ask for a toggle combo mode then. hard but less suspicious imo

gimleey

gimleey

The Real Onika Tanya Maraj

• GFX Designer
  • 66 posts

Pressing spacebar =/= scripting. If someone were to hold spacebar while playing legitimately, that would make for a false detection.

^this. I don't script anymore but I still hold spacebar most of the time since I want to have an unlocked camera to look around the map but still have it centered on me so that I don't have to scroll mid-combo. (Diana main, ideally she'll use R twice and normally the enemies tries to disengage. If I didn't center the camera on me the enemy would be out of view and it would slow down the combo)

Generally, it would lead to many false positives and Riot couldn't possibly verify that every flagged account is actually scripting. 

Monnx

Monnx

Polish Section Support

• Local Support
  • 74 posts

Why would Riot ban someone for locking their camera  Kappa

conboy

conboy

• Members
  • 11 posts

yeah some players hold space bar to lock camera because they don't want to toggle y all the time

• Members
  • 7 posts

I don't think so because in their terms of service they say whenever this kind of data is collected (anything related to how you play the game) it is anonymously.

Acctualy i can tell u, in china server, they collect user data beyond the game files, and when u push spacebar in china serv, there will be a shiny marker above the champion head which suspiciously might be considered as a way to detect if you r scripting or not

Chally

Chally

SURRENDER

• Ex-Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Acctualy i can tell u, in china server, they collect user data beyond the game files, and when u push spacebar in china serv, there will be a shiny marker above the champion head which suspiciously might be considered as a way to detect if you r scripting or not

that "shiny thing above your champion head" is all over the server. it is used to indicate where your champion is. especially when you are in "ant" clash.

"Space" is commonly use against team fight, so I don't think so.

just like that the other said

yeah some players hold space bar to lock camera because they don't want to toggle y all the time

Why would Riot ban someone for locking their camera   Kappa

Why would Riot ban someone for locking their camera   Kappa

KobeeeSG

KobeeeSG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 214 posts
  • LocationFrance

Dude stop your bs please Kappa

As a legit player I hold spacebar then I play to lock the camera, if i'd get banned for that i'd burn riot hq xd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users