Welcome to Gaming On Steroids Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Is there any alternative to Borderless mode?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

gg51770

gg51770

• Members
  • 20 posts

I get over 100 fps in fullscreen mode but around 20-30 in borderless.

If I were to buy external what would happen if I ran it in fullscreen mode?

Thanks in advance everyone!

BoneAir

BoneAir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • LocationUK

I get over 100 fps in fullscreen mode but around 20-30 in borderless.

If I were to buy external what would happen if I ran it in fullscreen mode?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Man I ran a quick game for you lol.

Im using external atm:

-Fullscreen gives me 496 FPS

-Borderless gives me 658 FPS

-Max settings and everything works perfectly for me.

gg51770

gg51770

• Members
  • 20 posts

Man I ran a quick game for you lol.

Im using external atm:

-Fullscreen gives me 496 FPS

-Borderless gives me 658 FPS

-Max settings and everything works perfectly for me.

So fullscreen works for you despite the guide saying it's not supported? If so this is wonderful news! (the video guide at the top of the thread here: http://gamingonstero...beginner-guide/)

Thanks for going above and beyond also :P

Edit: I used to use Ban of Legends in fullscreen and it would sometimes bugsplat when I'd alt-tab. I'd be fine if this is also the case with GoS when playing LoL in fullscreen.

Edited by gg51770, 05 October 2017 - 12:28 .

BoneAir

BoneAir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • LocationUK

So fullscreen works for you despite the guide saying it's not supported? If so this is wonderful news! (the video guide at the top of the thread here: http://gamingonstero...beginner-guide/)

Thanks for going above and beyond also :P

Edit: I used to use Ban of Legends in fullscreen and it would sometimes bugsplat when I'd alt-tab. I'd be fine if this is also the case with GoS when playing LoL in fullscreen.

No problem at all, I played a custom game and changed back to Borderless.

It does mention that its not supported, so I would suggest not to go into a public lobby in fullscreen (to prevent detection maybe).

I wasn't getting any bugsplat while playing but I also didn't alt-tab, I personally dont prefer alt-tab while running a cheat on any game, as it sometimes causes detection depending on how a cheats been coded.

GL and HF.

gg51770

gg51770

• Members
  • 20 posts

No problem at all, I played a custom game and changed back to Borderless.

It does mention that its not supported, so I would suggest not to go into a public lobby in fullscreen (to prevent detection maybe).

I wasn't getting any bugsplat while playing but I also didn't alt-tab, I personally dont prefer alt-tab while running a cheat on any game, as it sometimes causes detection depending on how a cheats been coded.

GL and HF.

Thanks for the help. I'll have to play on fullscreen as 30 fps (without the cheat, i assume it will be 10 with it) is un-acceptable. Want me to let you know if anything happens to the account next patch?

BoneAir

BoneAir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • LocationUK

Thanks for the help. I'll have to play on fullscreen as 30 fps (without the cheat, i assume it will be 10 with it) is un-acceptable. Want me to let you know if anything happens to the account next patch?

What grapics card do you have? Actually just post PC Specs, I'll see if there's anything that can be done to Improve your FPS.
Won't be able to reply for next 6-8hrs as I'm at Uni atm.

And yes please keep me updated.

gg51770

gg51770

• Members
  • 20 posts

I'm actually running on a VM with a VPN as I don't want to script with the same LoL instillation or even windows instillation as I play legit on my main. (I'm that paranoid)

Once i've properly set up the VM I'll upload a screen shot of my device manager. 

Edit: here it is. I don't play with Chrome open. I'm probably going to install notepad++ 32 bit and inject into that

image.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users