Welcome to Gaming On Steroids Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

In regards of removing LoadGOSScript (a.k.a. GoS Encryption)

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Feretorix

Feretorix

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,027 posts
More than a year ago I was slowly creating GoS External with the help of Inspired. In the process we added a library created by Icesythe7 in which I forgot to remove the encryption used for VIP scripts in GoS Internal.

Now literally after 1 year, in early January with the fall of platforms the interested and safety in GoS EXT has raised (since the last banwave in summer 2017)

With that, we have seen multiple (new) developers privately messaging other developers from GoS INT asking "how to encrypt" or how to use "LoadGOSScript" and it's encryption binary software. I've warned multiple times before that this shouldn't really be used and is kind of against the rules, though it's my fault that I've left it in for so long. This is about to change now.

*) You're earning money? You're a developer? You want to protect your work ... You're scared that literally anybody can "steal" your work and eventually earning the money you deserve, from your own scripts? You used encryption ... Nice protection!

Downsides of using encryption:
-Instead of copy-pasting your work, people can't view and learn from your code. (I never knew lua, all of the 10 official GoS EXT scripts are made from reading and learning other's code). Thus coding their own scripts better, attracting more members to EXT so you can get bigger money pie at the end of the month (if you're a paid dev). Everyone being happy.
-People who actually understand lua could spot some mistake in your code and suggest an improvement... just for being nice to you (expecting maybe to get some help in return - who knows).
-Anyone with basic knowledge can't review if the script he is downloading is malicious - having sandbox bypass and "CCleaner" feature like in another platform not long ago. Anyone can hack your GitHub and re-upload your script with infected-encrypted code. (or even you could do it "for the troll" or on purpose)
-Discriminating VIP members by limiting access to your script to only somebody which have "donated" a certain amount of money, while you're still earning monthly cash income from GoS EXT at the end of each month. Thus damaging the reputation of GoS EXT like if it's a BoL 2.0 platform.
-Collecting personal information and sending it to a 3rd party service/website with the account name in LoL (thank god I've never really added server/IP addres API available for EXT) while being encrypted - without the knowledge of the user.

Anything positive from encryption:
-Protecting "your" code? But from what exactly?

Since it's a mistake of mine that I've let the encryption stay active for so long in EXT, I will offer an apology for all active developers. At the end of this month (April) you will receive double the money deserved if you remove the encryption from all of your scripts - making them available once again for all regular members. Yes that means if you earn 50€ you will get 100€, or if you earn 500€ you will earn 1000€ and so on. You get the idea.

With best regards, Feretorix.

Aristo

Aristo

You donut

• 12,484 posts
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow

It's a good decision,thanks for the announcement.

DamnedNooB

DamnedNooB

Advanced Member

• Scripts Developer
  • 929 posts

Downsides of using encryption:

• Instead of copy-pasting your work, people can't view and learn from your code. (I never knew lua, all of the 10 official GoS EXT scripts are made from reading and learning other's code). Thus coding their own scripts better, attracting more members to EXT so you can get bigger money pie at the end of the month (if you're a paid dev). Everyone being happy.
  • Not sure if the amount of pie is proportional to the amount of people(subs) we are making happy

• Anyone with basic knowledge can't review if the script he is downloading is malicious - having sandbox bypass and "CCleaner" feature like in another platform not long ago. Anyone can hack your GitHub and re-upload your script with infected-encrypted code. (or even you could do it "for the troll" or on purpose)
  • Definitely helps with randoms, good thing.

• Discriminating VIP members by limiting access to your script to only somebody which have "donated" a certain amount of money, while you're still earning monthly cash income from GoS EXT at the end of each month. Thus damaging the reputation of GoS EXT like if it's a BoL 2.0 platform.
  • Agreed, though this wouldnt happen if the devs of those would be happy with their piece of pie

Anything positive from encryption:

• Protecting "your" code? But from what exactly?
  • From Toxibiotros bitching at your copypasta

vladimir23

vladimir23

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

i don't know about coding, but it sounds like good news.

There is nothing wrong with copy paste by the way, there are too many script codes available from bol etc. which are open to public. Most devs use them anyway and edit some settings to their own...

nandinhoks

nandinhoks

• Members
  • 9 posts

Great philosophy

RMAN

RMAN

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 523 posts

Agreed.

Plus a little note:

Some users donate of their own free will and dedicate their free time to help devs like sorting out bugs or being helpful to the community. Shouldnt these users be rewarded?

Rugal

Rugal

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

I never received anything from you, I'm active and constantly developing for EXT, and what's my return, just ignored pm's. I want just to be a dev. I did some private scripts and got a backstab, yes, it was my fault, but its like you dont really care about my presence.

Feretorix

Feretorix

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,027 posts

I never received anything from you, I'm active and constantly developing for EXT, and what's my return, just ignored pm's. I want just to be a dev. I did some private scripts and got a backstab, yes, it was my fault, but its like you dont really care about my presence.

I'll find the time to read all of my PM's really soon.

LeighaLish

LeighaLish

Advanced Member

• Ex-Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

I'll find the time to read all of my PM's really soon.

That is RomanovHD btw, some stuff went down and I had to ban his main GoS account after it was hacked

ReverseMisaya

ReverseMisaya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Location🔰 SPACE 🔰

and what about obfuscation?

DamnedNooB

DamnedNooB

Advanced Member

• Scripts Developer
  • 929 posts

and what about obfuscation?

Since the main reason seems to be security, well... idk...

quote*

Thus coding their own scripts better, attracting more members to EXT so you can get bigger money pie at the end of the month (if you're a paid dev). Everyone being happy.
People who actually understand lua could spot some mistake in your code and suggest an improvement... just for being nice to you

Discriminating VIP members by limiting access to your script to only somebody which have "donated" a certain amount of money, while you're still earning monthly cash income from GoS EXT at the end of each month

you could still sell stuff and so on, i dont think this is what fere wants to happen here.

Raine

Raine

‌‌

• Contributor
  • 467 posts

Toxibiotros bitching at your copypasta

Community's constructive criticism in a nutshell Kappa

Toshibiotro

Toshibiotro

Lord and Saviour of GoS

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

its cause you're brain dead and just straight up not good enough to be a dev

i really hope that answered your question, been telling you for a while but you dont seem to want to believe me but sadly its the truth

Cyan

Cyan

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNeverland

Sounds like good idea, especially  since I'm lookin' forward learning lua and start make my own scripts for this platform someday.

And obviously this way every developer can help some1 else to improve his scripts/bugs etc'.

Rugal

Rugal

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

its cause you're brain dead and just straight up not good enough to be a dev

i really hope that answered your question, been telling you for a while but you dont seem to want to believe me but sadly its the truth

you're the brain dead here, took 3 months to make a useless prediction, congratz, sir the best dev in the galaxy, can you teach me how to dev properly?

because, with the total amount of 400 U$D I got from donations here and all the other people who follows my work, praise me, they all are brain dead too, the only one that can change this world of patetic and autistic people are you, grand master, release our potential please!!!!!

ReverseMisaya

ReverseMisaya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Location🔰 SPACE 🔰

you could still sell stuff and so on, i dont think this is what fere wants to happen here.

I can understand that Fere is trying to prevent "BoL Marketplace" and some security issues, but his attempt to make things better is only a little slice of the bigger issue.

Starting with mods and/or supports who dont point fingers at people breaking the forum rules and moderating the forum accordingly (non-devs asking donations for private scripts, people uploading unapproved files that never got removed, selling stuff in wrong forums etc). A.k.a. the problems can never be solved.

I tried helping out once... (as a fellow adherer of rules I should've never done it, but hey whatever)

...got flamed by typical League of Legends Community kids who think they can do whatever they want here (honestly I dont blame dem kids if you know what I mean)

ReverseMisaya

ReverseMisaya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Location🔰 SPACE 🔰

you're the brain dead here, took 3 months to make a useless prediction, congratz, sir the best dev in the galaxy, can you teach me how to dev properly?

because, with the total amount of 400 U$D I got from donations here and all the other people who follows my work, praise me, they all are brain dead too, the only one that can change this world of patetic and autistic people are you, grand master, release our potential please!!!!!

You just gave Toshibiotro what he wanted... a reply like this  :fappa:  :fappa:  :fappa: 

Rugal

Rugal

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

You just gave Toshibiotro what he wanted... a reply like this  :fappa:  :fappa:  :fappa: 

I know  Doge

Its cool to see how he overrates his own development skills while an inactive trial dev is more useful than.

DamnedNooB

DamnedNooB

Advanced Member

• Scripts Developer
  • 929 posts

I can understand that Fere is trying to prevent "BoL Marketplace" and some security issues, but his attempt to make things better is only a little slice of the bigger issue.

*wich would be my main concerns aswell, those are now  solved.

Starting with mods and/or supports who dont point fingers at people breaking the forum rules and moderating the forum accordingly (non-devs asking donations for private scripts, people uploading unapproved files that never got removed, selling stuff in wrong forums etc). A.k.a. the problems can never be solved.

*i've asked for some more permissions already, hope i can solve the minor spam issues etc

I tried helping out once... (as a fellow adherer of rules I should've never done it, but hey whatever)

...got flamed by typical League of Legends Community kids who think they can do whatever they want here (honestly I dont blame dem kids if you know what I mean)

*just... dont...  Kappa (if you can't power your words with a banhammer)

Toshibiotro

Toshibiotro

Lord and Saviour of GoS

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

/

Edited by Aristo, 18 April 2018 - 08:37 .
insult,bad words(first warning) and 2nd warning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users