Welcome to Gaming On Steroids Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Aerial Bot help

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

sophiemrtn

sophiemrtn

• Members
  • 7 posts

I was expecting the aerial bot would be accurate (based on the youtube video) but I think I just don't know actual good setting for it. I tried to look around the forum for "best settings" but 85% of the time it doesnt even hit the ball. I know this bot is still in beta but I'm just hoping it would be more accurate, I did a double touch but that only happen once. Also I'm struggling with how to use it, do I hold "F" then jump and can I also hold it after I jumped? and I'm currently plat/diamond if thats gonna help.

I use the same settings as this http://gamingonstero...ings-and-usage/ except I have the auto boost on but always boosting is off.

Other than that I've found that the prediction works really nice and the demo bot is really useful. I have some suggestion to add, how about dribbling bot that has flick features? and power shot bot so the timing will always be perfect. Thanks :)

Heisa

Heisa

RocketLeague Dev

• RocketLeague Dev
  • 1,435 posts

I was expecting the aerial bot would be accurate (based on the youtube video) but I think I just don't know actual good setting for it. I tried to look around the forum for "best settings" but 85% of the time it doesnt even hit the ball.

It is accurate. Turn off Aim At Goal feature, or use low correction values with it

Also I'm struggling with how to use it, do I hold "F" then jump and can I also hold it after I jumped? 

I use the same settings as this http://gamingonstero...ings-and-usage/ except I have the auto boost on but always boosting is off.

Hold the hotkey and jump, you can wait for the bot to align the car then jump for better accuracy.

Auto Boost is not recommended to use, you will have better results if you boost on your own

sophiemrtn

sophiemrtn

• Members
  • 7 posts

It is accurate. Turn off Aim At Goal feature, or use low correction values with it

Hold the hotkey and jump, you can wait for the bot to align the car then jump for better accuracy.

Auto Boost is not recommended to use, you will have better results if you boost on your own

It's more accurate with 60 values and the auto boost off, but it seem that it still cant hit the ball if its too close tho. also is the boost timer gonna be fixed anytime soon? thanks

Heisa

Heisa

RocketLeague Dev

• RocketLeague Dev
  • 1,435 posts

It's more accurate with 60 values and the auto boost off, but it seem that it still cant hit the ball if its too close tho. also is the boost timer gonna be fixed anytime soon? thanks

Which aerial mode are you using, and what's wrong with the boost timers ?

sophiemrtn

sophiemrtn

• Members
  • 7 posts

Which aerial mode are you using, and what's wrong with the boost timers ?

i use normal freestyle, the boost timer is buggy, sometimes it shows the timer sometimes it doesnt. and for some reason it also shows the small boosts

Heisa

Heisa

RocketLeague Dev

• RocketLeague Dev
  • 1,435 posts

i use normal freestyle

If you want accuracy, you should use Normal Aerial mode

he boost timer is buggy, sometimes it shows the timer sometimes it doesnt

Known issue which happens only in casual/normal games

and for some reason it also shows the small boosts

Very weird, please provide a screenshot of this

cxmplex

cxmplex

• Members
  • 6 posts

If you want accuracy, you should use Normal Aerial mode

Very weird, please provide a screenshot of this

Accuracy is not that great with normal aerial mode. I've recorded a video for you to take a look at. Some settings like 60-80 are good for some shots, while others are only good with 120-150. This makes setting a good number almost impossible. In the video I show what settings I'm using as I change them:

https://streamable.com/qgpoo5

First 1-2 min of video:

Trying to hit a static ball at an angle

Last min:

Trying to hit a moving ball

But the main issue is that while the default (85) is very good in some situations, 85 is not enough to be able to hit ANGLED shots. I suggest dynamic setting adjustment / centering based on the angle between the car and the ball:

GBOsTNw.png

But I do not know if this will work well, just an idea.

I would also like a hotkey to change between aerial and normal mode.

DopeMango

DopeMango

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 63 posts

Accuracy is not that great with normal aerial mode. I've recorded a video for you to take a look at. Some settings like 60-80 are good for some shots, while others are only good with 120-150. This makes setting a good number almost impossible. In the video I show what settings I'm using as I change them:

https://streamable.com/qgpoo5

First 1-2 min of video:

Trying to hit a static ball at an angle

Last min:

Trying to hit a moving ball

But the main issue is that while the default (85) is very good in some situations, 85 is not enough to be able to hit ANGLED shots. I suggest dynamic setting adjustment / centering based on the angle between the car and the ball:

GBOsTNw.png

But I do not know if this will work well, just an idea.

I would also like a hotkey to change between aerial and normal mode.

I dig your idea adding a button to switch modes would be cool but it may lead to more problems I think it would be best to switch between two types only like you pick one and you can switch to another not cycle through them all, but as from watching your video try turn off Auto-Boost since its a code it cannot react to every "human" situation like you think it would.
The idea is to time it right, *after disable auto-boost* try this:
Little tap on your aerial key once just to line up perfectly, and then hold F jump once Release F button jump again Hold F + Boost as needed.
I find that 85.0 on both normal and freestyle is best along with 0.01 or 0.00 at ground. 

You can literally hit every shot on net if you correctly set-up for the shot like you would in a real normal match without the RLTool. and then it will get you the best goals you've seen in your life probably. I just think you are using it incorrectly or your settings are messed up. Try go back to default by deleting your saved settings go to: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\GamingOnSteroids\RL and delete RLSettings.ini. and it will be default again.

Hope it helps 

soletrar

soletrar

• Members
  • 1 posts

Also happens in competitive

Heisa

Heisa

RocketLeague Dev

• RocketLeague Dev
  • 1,435 posts

Also happens in competitive

Will investigate

cxmplex

cxmplex

• Members
  • 6 posts

I dig your idea adding a button to switch modes would be cool but it may lead to more problems I think it would be best to switch between two types only like you pick one and you can switch to another not cycle through them all, but as from watching your video try turn off Auto-Boost since its a code it cannot react to every "human" situation like you think it would.
The idea is to time it right, *after disable auto-boost* try this:
Little tap on your aerial key once just to line up perfectly, and then hold F jump once Release F button jump again Hold F + Boost as needed.
I find that 85.0 on both normal and freestyle is best along with 0.01 or 0.00 at ground. 

You can literally hit every shot on net if you correctly set-up for the shot like you would in a real normal match without the RLTool. and then it will get you the best goals you've seen in your life probably. I just think you are using it incorrectly or your settings are messed up. Try go back to default by deleting your saved settings go to: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\GamingOnSteroids\RL and delete RLSettings.ini. and it will be default again.

Hope it helps 

I turned off auto-boost and it's working very good now, I can manually control boost to match speed much better than auto boost can it appears:

https://streamable.com/ohdz3a

However, it would still be nice for it to hit more sideways shots at 85. 125-140 can hit these sideways shots but will overadjust for most normal shots. The dynamic adjustment idea I had still seems like it would be good.

DopeMango

DopeMango

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 63 posts

Bad drawing but maybe that helps (Default settings 85.0 85.0 and ground is 0.01)

lolbaddrawn.png

wegame

wegame

• Members
  • 1 posts
I’m playing this game for the first time and I am confused about how to use it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users