Welcome to Gaming On Steroids Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Tipps for airdribbling

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

footfetishyeahboi

footfetishyeahboi

• Members
  • 5 posts

Hey, currently im training ardribbles. but the car always drives above the ball etc.

some1 got good ariel settings for airdribbling?

thanks! <3

NinkiLOL

NinkiLOL

• Members
  • 4 posts

Any type of aerial plays, like airdribbles, ceiling shots, flip resets, whatever you can name. The SETUP is ALWAYS important. 

Airdribble setup: 

For air dribbles, when you are driving the ball up the wall you have to match its speed. If you are going to fast you're going to hit the ball potentially up towards the ceiling and it'll bounce back down to the ground and you'll be struggling in the air trying looking silly to get back down before your enemy starts the counter attack. What happens if you are going to slow? If you are going too slow you won't have the power to actually lift the ball and start the air dribble. All in all, MATCH THE SPEED OF THE BALL. 

Another thing to look out for is where you're hitting the ball once you've matched the speed of it. You could imagine a graph. The ball is at the origin (0,0). If you hit the ball more diagonal the ball is going to hit up and go to your opponent's net. This is the ideal spot where you hit the ball, diagonally. 

b1805722c9ddac33b9d39a554fff2505.pngimagine the ball is on the wall at (0, 0) and you're hitting it diagonally on the wall. 

If you just hit the ball right below it on the wall. It's going to shoot straight upwards. A lot of freestylers does this because they'll have more control over the ball and they could do a lot more with it. Because if you hit it diagonally it's going to go to your opponent's net and you won't really have a lot of control especially for your level to change the direction. Yes it's going to your opponent's net but you can also change the direction which I will talk about later. 

Air dribble the take off: 

The take off is as important as anything. Once you're going at the same speed and at a diagonal angle towards the ball on the wall. You have to hit it (just tap the ball don't bang it) and it'll come off the wall. What happens next is you'll have to jump off the wall. This part is quite scary for a lot of beginner air dribblers but bare with me here. What happens when you jump off the wall once you've tapped the ball off the wall? Well, your car is going to be sideways. This is where your aerial car control comes in. Very calmly, easily tilt your car 90 degrees from sideways to the normal car position like you're on the ground facing the ball (but of course you're in the air). 

Air dribble the dribble in the air:

Right now you should be facing the ball in the air at an diagonal. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Sorry I had to use an image off google. Very hard to take a screenshot while doing an air dribble. Messes up everything and doesn't make it look nice. Anyways, this is what you should look like. This guy is a bit off the target and he'll need to change the direction toward the actual goal but this is what you should look like overall. 

What you need to do then is to feather your boost. I personally don't feather my boost because it's slow and kind of weak. In higher elo, a person would be easily able to challenge an air dribble that's going at a slow speed for them. Slow = more control. Fast = less control more power. Some people would go for a slow air dribble but then go for a demo while doing the air dribble which is something out of your rank right now I think. I do still feather my boost but only when I know I am losing control. Normally you should feather not too much. For your level right now, I recommend feathering your boost and just get the air dribble towards the net. 

Boost towards the ball and stop when you're close to it and not bang it, just lightly catch it.  Then feather while keeping the ball on top of your car to the net. Depending on your setup, you'll might need a little changes/ little corrections of your car to keep the ball on your car. This is why you need to practice aerial car control first before air dribbling HIGHLY RECOMMEND. It will help you with your air dribbles A LOT when starting out. 

I recommend watching this video for any confusion if I explained things weird or is confusing you. Not my video. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users