Welcome to Gaming On Steroids Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

How can i improve my approach?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Player2982

Player2982

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 78 posts

this happens to me at least once every match and i dont understand what the bot is trying to do.

i understand that that wall approach was a bit faster than i expected but I was holding F from the moment i hit the wall and then manually jumped and just held F.

It feels like the bot starts "waiting" and loses all tempo. What are we we waiting for? Why cant the bot just chase the ball in the air faster?

Are my settings bad?

How can i improve that approach?

Or am i just garbage?

Heisa

Heisa

RocketLeague Dev

• RocketLeague Dev
  • 1,416 posts
By 'chasing the ball faster', do you mean to boost towards it? Because Auto Boost will wait until the car is aligned with the intersect point, then it will start boosting

Also, if you have more clips of your issue, please post them, but make sure to hide your username in them, because it's hard to judge from this particular clip

nirvana57

nirvana57

Advanced Member

• Premium
  • 94 posts

Do you mean like when the car is falling and the ball is below your car?  It's part of the cons for Type 1 intersection type.

Player2982

Player2982

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 78 posts

Because Auto Boost will wait until the car is aligned with the intersect point, then it will start boosting

any way we can turn this off? every single time it sits there "waiting" is 100% loss of control of ball 100% of the time specially in anything after champ. wouldnt rotating the car slighting to fix the alignment be faster and more realistic than waiting for the stars to align? XD 

Do you mean like when the car is falling and the ball is below your car?  It's part of the cons for Type 1 intersection type.

damn i guess i missed that part. can we have mixed mode XDD

also, when the car jumps off the wall on that clip, why does the bot hit the ball with the under part of car? cause of aim at goal?

nirvana57

nirvana57

Advanced Member

• Premium
  • 94 posts

also, when the car jumps off the wall on that clip, why does the bot hit the ball with the under part of car? cause of aim at goal?

Yep, if you hit that same shot with Aim at Goal off, it wouldn't hit that ball as soft as it did. In that situation you'd much rather be hitting the ball hard than hit it softly from that distance towards net.  Maybe something can be added in the risk factor for aim at goal where, if the hit will not produce a certain velocity on the ball, then don't aim at goal.  I'm sure it's more complicated than that though.

Another fix is lowering your safety zone to only close to their net, but you'll sacrifice the mid field aerial accuracy so it's whatever fits your play better.

Heisa

Heisa

RocketLeague Dev

• RocketLeague Dev
  • 1,416 posts

any way we can turn this off? every single time it sits there "waiting" is 100% loss of control of ball 100% of the time specially in anything after champ. wouldnt rotating the car slighting to fix the alignment be faster and more realistic than waiting for the stars to align? XD 

No. If you don't have that check, and your car is facing in the opposite direction, the bot will waste boost and probably not hit the target

If you are champ level, you should be manually boosting for best results, Auto Boost is meant for newer and less experienced players with the game

OrphanCrippler

OrphanCrippler

• Members
  • 21 posts

This happens to me alot.. Llike the bot goes for a soft touch when it shouldnt but its mostly the players fault for Boosting to fast towards the ball

Heisa

Heisa

RocketLeague Dev

• RocketLeague Dev
  • 1,416 posts

This happens to me alot.. Llike the bot goes for a soft touch when it shouldnt but its mostly the players fault for Boosting to fast towards the ball

The soft touches are because of Aim at Goal. It will try to redirect the ball towards the goal when it's in the safety zone.
You could lower that value, so it turns it on closer to the goal

OrphanCrippler

OrphanCrippler

• Members
  • 21 posts

The soft touches are because of Aim at Goal. It will try to redirect the ball towards the goal when it's in the safety zone.
You could lower that value, so it turns it on closer to the goal

O bet bro, Ill try that and see how it helps. Also this tool is helping me get consistent flip resets every game.. Goodjob with the hack bro 

Heisa

Heisa

RocketLeague Dev

• RocketLeague Dev
  • 1,416 posts

O bet bro, Ill try that and see how it helps. Also this tool is helping me get consistent flip resets every game.. Goodjob with the hack bro

My pleasure, glad you enjoy it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users