Welcome to Gaming On Steroids Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

¿How should I "critique" designs?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

SituFangs

SituFangs

• Members
  • 1 posts

Hello everyone,

First I have to leave some disclaimers here:

I'm not by any means a super amazing designer, I'm just so so and design basic stuff.

I graduated from university in 2013-2014ish but I've had some bumps in the road (not working as a designer immediately, moving countries because my country was in crisis, moving again to another country because I had some issues getting the papers I needed to work legally, etc) now thankfully I work fulltime as a graphic/UI/a bit of everything designer at a startup.

I've always been by myself and never had the opportunity to work at an agency, so I don't know how to do teamwork - other than team projects back at university and producing designs as the need arises.

Right now we are teamed up with a digital agency to promote our product (digital product) on different media.

The thing is I now find myself in charge of supervising the designs an 192.168.1.254 d writing of the deliverables.

Because I've never had a mentor nor have I ever worked at an agency under a creative director, I don't quite know what to do, so I mostly end up spending more time correcting the agency's work than if I did it myself from scratch.

I'm guessing my current role falls somewhere around a mid-senior designer of sorts but because I work at a startup (5 people: 3 programmers, the CEO, me) there is no spoken role for me since I'm also in charge of desig  ning screens, making videos, and even managing invoices sometimes (there's quite a bit more to the list but I hope I got my idea across).

So my questions are the following:

• ¿How do I critique other designers' work so it gets delivered the "right way" without spending more time on it than if I did it myself? ¿Or is this how it works in the real world?

• ¿Are there any books on teamwork or for designers leading teams that you can recommend?

Thank you in advance for any advice you can provide.

Edited by Aristo, 09 July 2021 - 12:17 .

dayz2000

dayz2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 111 posts

:mellow: :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users