Welcome to Gaming On Steroids Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

[Preview] GoS Config Database

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Blaconix

Blaconix

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 116 posts
  • LocationLocal Disk (D:) aka Romania

Hello, I had nothing to do today so I decided to actually make something for the community, and my idea was a config database.

It's not finished yet, I have to add the configs for every champ and find a host for it.

Here's a photo:

Spoiler

I didn't ask Prometheus for permission for using the banner but I am not gonna to release or share it yet.

Leave your opinions and comments below and tell me how I should improve it.

EDIT:

I don't know how, but it's done for the most part. I still have to add more items to the menu and that approval system dev was talking about.

Shoutout to my friend Ksenon who helped me with the php part.

Here's a video showing it's features:

Spoiler

The project is currently hosted on my site  :)

I still have to add some more stuff to it, but, 70% of it is kinda done.

The approval system is done.  :) I am not really sure what to do next..

Spoiler

Cat

Cat

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Well done---

Chungus

Chungus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationLithuania

great work!! it will be very usefull, but you should work on it for a bit or just chill out till api is out and we actually get the real Scripts, not configs :) its nice to see that this community is growing so fast ;3

Deftsu

Deftsu

donthackourgames

• Ex-Core Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,812 posts

nice work :D !! i think you should wait till api is released so you make a database for scripts and not configs .. as LoYD said :)

HakunaMatata

HakunaMatata

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 95 posts

Perfect.

Blaconix

Blaconix

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 116 posts

It's no problem until the API gets released, I just wanted to get the base started :)

Prometheus

Prometheus

Advanced Member

• Ex-Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationUK

Blaconix

That looks great, it really does.

Might like to add a few features but till the API is out nothing much can be done.

Again, great job :)

0xfinndev

0xfinndev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 184 posts

I have good knowledge of css and html, if you need somebody to help.

Nice job.

Doomrush

Doomrush

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 87 posts

Looks amazing , good job :D, but yeah there arent many options for configs atm, until api comes out so you might want to wait until then

Blaconix

Blaconix

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 116 posts

I bought a domain for it: gosdb.pw

I plan to make something like this:

When you click a champion or use the search feature it will go to the page gosdb.pw/scripts.php?champ=Champion and it will get the scripts from a MySQL database.

I will also make the Add Script function to automatically add the script into the database.

Maybe I can do most of this until the API is released. But since I suck at coding it might take some more time :)

Deftsu

Deftsu

donthackourgames

• Ex-Core Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,812 posts

When you click a champion or use the search feature it will go to the page gosdb.pw/scripts.php?champ=Champion and it will get the scripts from a MySQL database.

I will also make the Add Script function to automatically add the script into the database.

Maybe I can do most of this until the API is released. But since I suck at coding it might take some more time :)

Thanks again for your effort and your help for the coummunity !!

Ultron

Ultron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationRomania!

If anything, there is the possibility of you being given a subdomain (like db.gamingonsteroids.com) in the future. :P

Blaconix

Blaconix

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 116 posts

If anything, there is the possibility of you being given a subdomain (like db.gamingonsteroids.com) in the future. :P

Haven't actually thought about that I'll try to make it as much alike as I can with the forum so you won't know the difference if you're on the db or on the forum  Kappa

0xfinndev

0xfinndev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 184 posts

You can also make a php send function to the sql database and then have a raw page for whitelisted ips (db admins) where the sql database will feed the data that the user entered for a new config, and the admin can view the config the user entered, and approve it by activating yet another php function which transfers the config from one table for 'waiting for approval' to another for 'approved', which would be displayed to the public. A pretty simple approval system.

Also I don't think you need to buy a domain, since I think prometh would let you store the database on this domain. Something like gamingonsteroids.com/app/gosdb, so you don't need to spend money on buying a seperate domain.

Blaconix

Blaconix

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 116 posts

I don't know how, but it's done for the most part. I still have to add more items to the menu and that approval system dev was talking about.

Spoiler

The project is currently hosted on my site :)

Deftsu

Deftsu

donthackourgames

• Ex-Core Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,812 posts

Spoiler

The project is currently hosted on my site :)

Great job blaconix :D

Psycophsez

Psycophsez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

This looks awesome!

Baby steps to surpass other crappy programs. Keep up the good work! I will try to contribute when I have time. 

TaydeR

TaydeR

Advanced Member

• Donator
  • 241 posts

It looks greate mate ! Nice work !

Blaconix

Blaconix

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 116 posts

You can also make a php send function to the sql database and then have a raw page for whitelisted ips (db admins) where the sql database will feed the data that the user entered for a new config, and the admin can view the config the user entered, and approve it by activating yet another php function which transfers the config from one table for 'waiting for approval' to another for 'approved', which would be displayed to the public. A pretty simple approval system.

Also I don't think you need to buy a domain, since I think prometh would let you store the database on this domain. Something like gamingonsteroids.com/app/gosdb, so you don't need to spend money on buying a seperate domain.

The approval system is done. :) I am not really sure what to do next..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users