Welcome to Gaming On Steroids Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

General questions about API

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

TheFoxy

TheFoxy

Advanced Member

• Donator
  • 116 posts
  • LocationRight Here :P

I have few questions about API and I think we all do so I though we could use one thread for this.

If you think it shouldn't be here move pls :)

RULES:

-> Specific questions about API only

-> No tuts or help me questions

-> No Lua syntax questions, you have google for that :P

-> Don't spam posts. Post one thing and later just edit and add on it if question is related to it. If you have different question ask again. So try to ask as much as possible with as little as possible posts

-> If you can't answer to the question or you are very unsure then dont answer at all.

-> I ll add answered questions bellow all this so we can keep track easier :)

-> pls don't spam :(

I wanted to ask how do modes work now. When ingame does the GoS still orbwalk by it self and if it does can we get the mode other than keycheks (if KeyIsDown(key) )

Is there OnInputEvent? Like in LS when someone says smtg in chat? Or when player does? if not can we check for this via AfterLoop event since it's fired every frame?

Can we make custom orbwalker that would override the existing one and how do disable one in game?

Can we get the setting in GoS menus and change them?

If spellcast in GoS is set to true would it interfere with our spell casts? Thats why I want to know.... I want to do combo totaly from the script :)

Thank you in advace

cornflakesx

cornflakesx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 37 posts

What is  API :(

TheFoxy

TheFoxy

Advanced Member

• Donator
  • 116 posts

What is  API :(

Libary of precoded functions to interact with the game.

So you can use this libary to create scripts on top of it without need to reverse the game yourself.

It's like a language for scripts built specialy for GoS :)

Javier

Javier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationHue - VietNam

- Looks Great if have video tutorial for lua script!  :D 
{ sorry my english if it's fail}

TheFoxy

TheFoxy

Advanced Member

• Donator
  • 116 posts

- Looks Great if have video tutorial for lua script!  :D 
{ sorry my english if it's fail}

Learn lua(youtube, it took me 3h to learn it) and read the scripts others wrote.

In few days you can make your own.

Now pls... don't post if you don't have smtg api related to keep it clean.

You can PM me with your questions ;)

Asserio

Asserio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationPortugal

The API gonna have logic? I think it will but i wanna be sure.

Condim

Condim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 371 posts

How to use scripts already made by other people, i understand to learn lua code is another matter, but how a simple as activating and putting up scripts from other members, what do you need to download? is it notepad++? where do you save this script what folder and how you activated in game? just very easy question for alot of easy new people that don't know even how to get it to work.

TheFoxy

TheFoxy

Advanced Member

• Donator
  • 116 posts

The API gonna have logic? I think it will but i wanna be sure.

It will. You just need to code it right

How to use scripts already made by other people, i understand to learn lua code is another matter, but how a simple as activating and putting up scripts from other members, what do you need to download? is it notepad++? where do you save this script what folder and how you activated in game? just very easy question for alot of easy new people that don't know even how to get it to work.

Go to your AppData (open run window and type: %appdata%). Go to GamingOnSteroids->LOL->Create new folder here if you don ot have it called Scripts->Copy .lua file here and name it testscript1.lua

Fere alredy told you this :P

Changelog 17.7.2015

-Fixed a typo regarding "CastSkillShot" (with double-capital "S")

-Fixed a typo in the return value of GotBuff (it's an INT, not BOOL; holding the stack count; 0 if buff is not valid)

At the moment if anybody wants to test and develop a script on their own, can use only 3 placeholders for their scripts (for testing purposes)

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\GamingOnSteroids\LOL\Scripts\testscript1.lua
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\GamingOnSteroids\LOL\Scripts\testscript2.lua
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\GamingOnSteroids\LOL\Scripts\testscript3.lua

Also make sure you've checked "Enable Scripts Engine (Dev only) in GoS Loader first...

Condim

Condim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 371 posts

thank you for that information, i try some already but they don't seem to work if your not pressing space, im left handed i gotta learn some lua if i want to change keybindin for the harrass mode script.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users