Welcome to Gaming On Steroids Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Developers - @Feretorix

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Wolfram

Wolfram

• Members
  • 22 posts

First off: Hi, Im wolfram, I have developed for BoL, BanSharp, FreeloBuddy, and I released a simple script here.

I just care for the poor people having no choice but to use abandoned scripts, since some champs have only one script for them.

@Feretorix : Let me tell you why you have no developers.

First reason:
BanSharp.SDK <-- Open source and maintained by BanSharp
FreeloBuddy.SDK <-- Clean code, Exposes objects that can be used without exposing security and Maintained by FreeloBuddy
BoL <-- SAC:R and Good track record (Doesnt have many users anymore either) and supports encrypting and supports bin loading, large list of high quality libs
-----
GoS: SDK? You mean the API? Its pretty.... empty... (and if you call that documentation you can go **** yourself, I find FreeloBuddy objects in the object browser faster than your ****paste.) and all of your libs are poorly maintained or not maintained by you

Second Reason:
BanSharp: Good loader, good sorting options
FreeloBuddy: Good loader and sorting options
BoL: Loader has code editor for quick script tweaks
-----
GoS: That loader.... Those settings... F key menu button... Bye laptop users, you have to use something else! (Way too much work to open the menu on a laptop without standard F keys.)

Third Reason:
BanSharp: Script Database: /forum/index.php?app=assemblydb&tab=champions
FreeloBuddy: Script Database: /forum/4-addon-database/
BoL: Script Database: ScriptStatus
-----
GoS: You have a sub-forum.... Barely...

Fourth Reason:
First Impressions mean a LOT.
152dbf53879a70dd00f5257b350c209a.png
Not a good first impression.

Edit:
The reason I left GoS the first time was your terrible terrible frame drops. I havent tested if they are still there but I can tell you if the performance is anything like it was, I won't be staying here.

Edit2:
Why the flip is this not maintained by you and on your domain yet?
http://www.gos-api.t...?page=api&api=1

Zwei

Zwei

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 2,201 posts

Well I can't confirm most of your critics.

We got a decent API page www.gos-api.tk and a decent Database http://gosdb.pw

The loader doesn't need to be super stylic, but functional (my opinion).

Also the F7 menu is not bad in all cases. It has pretty good inbuild Awareness and a basic orbwalker which you can use if there is no champ script for your hero.

And since I'm here, a lot of improvements have been made, like a better menu, decent libaries good quality scripts and NO heavy FPS drops.

Edit: Please take some more time, next time before you start rating something ;)

Wolfram

Wolfram

• Members
  • 22 posts

Well I can't confirm most of your critics.

We got a decent API page www.gos-api.tk and a decent Database http://gosdb.pw

The loader doesn't need to be super stylic, but functional (my opinion).

Also the F7 menu is not bad in all cases. It has pretty good inbuild Awareness and a basic orbwalker which you can use if there is no champ script for your hero.

And since I'm here, a lot of improvements have been made, like a better menu, decent libaries good quality scripts and NO heavy FPS drops.

Edit: Please take some more time, next time before you start rating something ;)

I mentioned the API in an edit before your post, let me add that its NOT endorsed by feretorix.

The database is brand new, so excuse me for that.

this is about developers, not "No champs for your hero or a 'basic orbwalker'" that cant last hit better than my little brother.

The loader itself, pregame settings has NOTHING. I understand light, but come on.... This is lazy. If the loader was done that lazily, why would I feel comfortable the security wasn't?

The F7 menu needs to be keybindable to something else.

Good to know the FPS drops are gone but to be honest, the only thing you said that makes this place any better for a developer is the THIRD PARTY additions. Why would a developer ever want to rely on third parties? I know with Freelobuddy, Bansharp, and even BoL that I can use the base API to make an advanced application without the need for third party libraries. Doing so here would take so much longer simply because the API has no real power.

If I want to make a good script here I have to PRAY TO GOD that Inspired updates are on time AND dont break my script (because Inspired doesn't know how to handle depreciation of functions, just look how big the outdated sub-forum is getting from inspired related changes)

OR write a whole new orbwalker, because the default is ungodly bad.

(IIRC, Inspireds library introduces vector types and they arent even in the default API)

EntityEnumeration should not be handled by the scripter and enumerations would be faster in the core language.

As far as "The loader doesnt need to be super stylic" well theres a difference between "stylic" and "efficient" and this doesn't cover either.

Platypus

Platypus

Bitcoin and Paysafecard payments are now available

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

"Why we have no developers?"

First, you arent talking about that in your 3 Reasons at all. Youre talking about "Why we have no Users?". We are 7 active Devs, and in the past two months we basically reworked the whole of gos. We havent been transparent about the upcoming changes, because we have good news for the Early Adopters and a special surprise for all our Donators. So lets not spoil the fun for everyone :P  

As for your second reason: Again, we are talking about developers. I don't think it would stop anyone from coding if he has swap the menu key once. If thats too big of a barrier of entry I doubt his scripts would be any good. GoSDB started as a community member project to help out with coordinating which champs didnt have any scripts yet. Its run by the people who started it, so its not exactly new. We have no intention of changing this state till full release of GoS. 

As for the loader, as mentioned above, we have done alot behind the scenes and a new one is being worked on. 

You dont actually need to use inspired. At all. If you need minion management in your script, its not that complicated to do it yourself. We have 3 Orbs at the moment. F7, IOW and newly DACnot yet :R rework soon. F7 is not being used at all by pretty much anyone at the moment. Try the custom scripts and judge again. 

Edit: I remember your name, and I hoped I never had to see it again. One of the worst community members Ive yet seen. 

Cloud

Cloud

KAPPA

• Ex-Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

First off: Hi, Im wolfram, I have developed for BoL, BanSharp, FreeloBuddy, and I released a simple script here.

@Feretorix : Let me tell you why you have no developers.

First reason:
BanSharp.SDK <-- Open source and maintained by BanSharp
FreeloBuddy.SDK <-- Clean code, Exposes objects that can be used without exposing security and Maintained by FreeloBuddy
BoL <-- SAC:R and Good track record (Doesnt have many users anymore either) and supports encrypting and supports bin loading, large list of high quality libs
-----
GoS: SDK? You mean the API? Its pretty.... empty... (and if you call that documentation you can go **** yourself, I find FreeloBuddy objects in the object browser faster than your ****paste.) and all of your libs are poorly maintained or not maintained by you

Second Reason:
BanSharp: Good loader, good sorting options
FreeloBuddy: Good loader and sorting options
BoL: Loader has code editor for quick script tweaks
-----
GoS: That loader.... Those settings... F key menu button... Bye laptop users, you have to use something else! (Way too much work to open the menu on a laptop without standard F keys.)

Third Reason:
BanSharp: Script Database: /forum/index.php?app=assemblydb&tab=champions
FreeloBuddy: Script Database: /forum/4-addon-database/
BoL: Script Database: ScriptStatus
-----
GoS: You have a sub-forum.... Barely...

Fourth Reason:
First Impressions mean a LOT.
152dbf53879a70dd00f5257b350c209a.png
Not a good first impression.

Edit:
The reason I left GoS the first time was your terrible terrible frame drops. I havent tested if they are still there but I can tell you if the performance is anything like it was, I won't be staying here.

Edit2:
Why the flip is this not maintained by you and on your domain yet?
http://www.gos-api.t...?page=api&api=1

No need to hate you for your opinion, and some of the points are valid.

Zwei

Zwei

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 2,201 posts

No need to hate you for your opinion, and some of the points are valid.

SOME points tho...

DB isn't realy "brand new" tbh.

And I like it here. The community is great and I don't mind sitting down and writing my scripts in the free time for nothing in exchange.

If you (Wolfram) don't appreciate this work the people here do, don't mind us... I feel like the quality of the libaries is increasing from time to time.

Cloud

Cloud

KAPPA

• Ex-Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

SOME points tho...

DB isn't realy "brand new" tbh.

And I like it here. The community is great and I don't mind sitting down and writing my scripts in the free time for nothing in exchange.

If you (Wolfram) don't appreciate this work the people here do, don't mind us... I feel like the quality of the libaries is increasing from time to time.

But i wouldnt flame (need a better word less harsh the flame) any member on a matter of opinion.

Zwei

Zwei

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 2,201 posts

But i wouldnt flame (need a better word less harsh the flame) any member on a matter of opinion.

Well I reread my post was indeed a little bit toxic...

Wasn't meant that way, the opinion just seemed very uninformed in my view :S

Nivo

Nivo

What is script?

• Ex-Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • LocationBadmanville

and if you call that constructive criticism you can go **** yourself.

Oh wait you never called it that. Closing this anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users