Welcome to Gaming On Steroids Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

How viable is RL w/ controller?

Best Answer Aristo , 03 July 2023 - 03:01

Hello, not really if you play with controller, using the tool with a controller is easier than keyboard for you. You just set the tools feature keys to controller, and use them. 

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

LilBean

LilBean

• Members
  • 1 posts

I have an Xbox wireless controller and have played all the way to Champ 2 on the controller. Is the tool just as usable with a controller or does it become very difficult to use the main functions properly and fluidly? I'm seeing a lot of KBM users here and not seeing many people post their reviews with controller.

Aristo

Aristo

You donut

• 12,645 posts
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow
✓  Best Answer

Hello, not really if you play with controller, using the tool with a controller is easier than keyboard for you. You just set the tools feature keys to controller, and use them. 

Player2982

Player2982

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 78 posts

It is definitely something that you will need to balance.

Natively the keyboard will have a lot more options so that if you want, none of the games keybinds or the tools keybind have to be shared.

With a controller there is a limited amount of options and often have to resort to "awkward" binds to get things done.

Example without the tool I was used to LB being my "air roll" game keybind. Since Im used to hitting LB when i jump, I now have the tools "F" bind to LB (via antimicro). This works great to adapt the tool to my muscle memory but now i need another bind for air roll and get used to that as well. Or vice versa. I ended up getting used to a weird claw grip with my right joystick left and right as air roll left and right and at this point im extremely used to it (but now i have zero control of the camera - only straight forward. I also used to share air roll and ebrake and now im back to being used to ebrake being X. Ive been on this set up on and off for a few years and usually peak at around high champ one and teeter between low c2 and high c1. i took a very long break do to some events that i dont want to remember and now ive been back for like a week and im high diamond atm. Still MEGA rusty and need more seat time to get back to the champ realms

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users