Welcome to Gaming On Steroids Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Current GoS Situation...

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Scortch

Scortch

Biggest Smite

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts

I know what you're guys talking about.

There are a lot of factors that happend in the past months which brought us here, the way we are.

The first downfall was when we rewrote the first (or second) menu to the next one and it was actually breaking all the scripts.

This way we got the "Archive" section with actually broken/unsupported scripts. http://gamingonstero...um/111-archive/

The second bigger downfall was when we included GoSBase.lua with even more wrapping C code in it, causing FPS lags and such, this downfall is also mixed with Inspired quitting (actually a forced quit).

Not to mention the other small issues, exactly as Deftsu mentioned, loader being unable to grab process path to inject into, all the countless events from which one could give bugsplats for people, but won't for others, how DownloadFileASync in LUA was crashing on hangup or how Deftsu once "destoryed" for a week GoS with one of his OrbWalkers because i wasn't online at that time to fix it.

And last but not least, do not forget that actually some people were banned from the game and they never came back.

Countless mistakes were made, and all those are due to my lack of knowledge or laziness at times, i would never blame anyone from my community which attempted to help in one way or another and actually felt contributing to it. But in the same when it was not done perfectly and could cause problems, those problems were affecting the community.

------

Right now i really want to shut down the lua part in GoS, and let it stay only with F7 menu, because with all the inbuilt stuff it's draining FPS, it could be orbwalkers, downloading sprites, updating, indexing minions, network ID's, and much more stuff like that.

That at the same time wouldn't be fair for the people who actually use scripts and the VIP members.

------

Instead i will release a mini project for league (it's a completely different project), it will be a lot more cleaner and smaller and way more secure, almost impossible to cause a ban.

It will be a second chance for scripting without being scared of getting suspended for it.

Also i will only keep clean scripts available for it to keep it higher quality. So there will be actually control over lua code.

------

Also i've planned a release for Rocket League really soon (days to be exact), some other for CSGO too and who knows, maybe even other games.

-----

I am also okay if IceSythe7 releases a new scripting software for league. Anything will bring more fresh air to the place, i am still awaiting your suggestions and ideas.

just a question from my personal opinion,

Could you be more active with the users of gos, we would get a better community that way in my opinion ?

Zwei

Zwei

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 2,201 posts
So what will the future of GoS look like?

Zypppy

Zypppy

Ex Global Support

• Contributor
  • 1,817 posts

So what will the future of GoS look like?

a0c4184bfc984f78acf9367a4073a1bb.png

Blaconix

Blaconix

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 116 posts
  • LocationLocal Disk (D:) aka Romania

GoS keeps to rot until Fere releases that new tool which will probably kill GoS completely. B-B-BUT WAIT! THERE'S STILL VIETNAM!

Spoiler

Scortch

Scortch

Biggest Smite

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts

GoS keeps to rot until Fere releases that new tool which will probably kill GoS completely. B-B-BUT WAIT! THERE'S STILL VIETNAM!

Spoiler

lol thats not how you support him to do it anyway :D ahah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users