Welcome to Gaming On Steroids Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

GoS for RL: Detailed Information

RL RocketLeague

• Please log in to reply
683 replies to this topic

Poll: GoS for RL: Detailed Information (1739 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Aerial mode is your favorite ?

1. Always Freestyle (714 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. Alternate Freestyle (202 votes [8.08%])

Percentage of vote: 8.08%

3. Alternate Freestyle 2 (362 votes [14.49%])

Percentage of vote: 14.49%

4. Voted Normal Freestyle (412 votes [16.49%])

Percentage of vote: 16.49%

5. Normal Aerial (252 votes [10.08%])

Percentage of vote: 10.08%

6. Strict Aerial (90 votes [3.60%])

Percentage of vote: 3.60%

7. Upside Down Aerial (77 votes [3.08%])

Percentage of vote: 3.08%

8. Flip Resets (192 votes [7.68%])

Percentage of vote: 7.68%

9. Mixed Normal Mode (94 votes [3.76%])

Percentage of vote: 3.76%

10. Alternate Normal Aerial (37 votes [1.48%])

Percentage of vote: 1.48%

11. Alternate Normal Aerial 2 (22 votes [0.88%])

Percentage of vote: 0.88%

12. Alternate Normal Aerial 3 (27 votes [1.08%])

Percentage of vote: 1.08%

13. Alternate Normal Aerial 4 (18 votes [0.72%])

Percentage of vote: 0.72%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Zouyys

Zouyys

• Members
  • 2 posts

And does it work with epic?

Aristo

Aristo

You donut

• 12,649 posts
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow

And does it work with epic?

Of course it does work with Epic Games. :) 

pMaleK

pMaleK

• Members
  • 7 posts

ive got a smart feature u could add but might be hard to implement, its a thing that pervents you from using boost if you were in super-sonic mode, because super sonic mode is already the maximum speed you can achive therefore using boost in this mode is just a waste. and thanks. 

Edited by pMaleK, 26 November 2020 - 05:54 .

RadovanOnSteroids

RadovanOnSteroids

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

ive got a smart feature u could add but might be hard to implement, its a thing that pervents you from using boost if you were in super-sonic mode, because super sonic mode is already the maximum speed you can achive therefore using boost in this mode is just a waste. and thanks. 

I think this is allready added in kickoff, its called save boost

Edited by RadovanOnSteroids, 27 November 2020 - 09:41 .

pMaleK

pMaleK

• Members
  • 7 posts

I think this is allready added in kickoff, its called save boost

it has nothing to do with what have i said

pala23

pala23

• Members
  • 5 posts

You should add ingame configurations. It behaves completly different on legacy vs standard. and so on ^^

Heisa

Heisa

RocketLeague Dev

• RocketLeague Dev
  • 1,523 posts

You should add ingame configurations. It behaves completly different on legacy vs standard. and so on ^^

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by in-game configurations ?

fubman

fubman

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 48 posts

workin fine but hard to master :D

JoeySalads

JoeySalads

• Members
  • 9 posts

@Heisa I used this tool a long time ago and i've got to say you've definitely improved it since then. 1 suggestion I have is for the upside down aerial mode. I think it has a lot of potential but you should add something like takeoff height for normal freestyle where it will essentially just work like normal aerial until you reach a certain height then flip upside down. Right now the mode is very good at hitting shots it just has an issue where it tries to flip upside down too early and it messes you up which is why I think a lot of people don't like it. But I think with this change it has potential to be the best mode.

Heisa

Heisa

RocketLeague Dev

• RocketLeague Dev
  • 1,523 posts

@Heisa I used this tool a long time ago and i've got to say you've definitely improved it since then. 1 suggestion I have is for the upside down aerial mode. I think it has a lot of potential but you should add something like takeoff height for normal freestyle where it will essentially just work like normal aerial until you reach a certain height then flip upside down. Right now the mode is very good at hitting shots it just has an issue where it tries to flip upside down too early and it messes you up which is why I think a lot of people don't like it. But I think with this change it has potential to be the best mode.

Will do

JoeySalads

JoeySalads

• Members
  • 9 posts

@Heisa building on that one other thing about the upside down bot that i noticed is it doesn't just air roll to turn upside down it does other movements while turning upside down which can mess up the orientation of your car so maybe there is a way to make it more cleanly turn upside down without going off track. The consistency of the upside down bot with hitting balls when its able to orient properly is so much better than any of the others in my opinion. Also what is the difference between normal aerial and strict aerial and what exactly is starting velocity?

Heisa

Heisa

RocketLeague Dev

• RocketLeague Dev
  • 1,523 posts

@Heisa building on that one other thing about the upside down bot that i noticed is it doesn't just air roll to turn upside down it does other movements while turning upside down which can mess up the orientation of your car so maybe there is a way to make it more cleanly turn upside down without going off track. The consistency of the upside down bot with hitting balls when its able to orient properly is so much better than any of the others in my opinion.

Will revisit the mode again

JoeySalads

JoeySalads

• Members
  • 9 posts

What is the difference between normal aerial and strict aerial and what exactly is starting velocity?

Heisa

Heisa

RocketLeague Dev

• RocketLeague Dev
  • 1,523 posts

What is the difference between normal aerial and strict aerial and what exactly is starting velocity?

Normal Aerial mode aerials based on the current car orientation, while Strict Aerial mode will try to always orient and face the rooftop of the car with the intercept point. 

Starting velocity controls how fast the aerial bot will try to reach the target, lower value means it will gain more height ( useful at lower ranks where we don't care if we reach the ball first, and gives us higher chance of reaching the ball ), but will reach the ball slower, higher value will reach the ball faster, but will miss the ball in some cases where the car is moving too fast towards the ball, that is where some additional skill is required to be able to tell if you should slow the car down first before jumping for an aerial.

JoeySalads

JoeySalads

• Members
  • 9 posts

@Heisa ah I see do you recommend auto for starting velocity or the default 1550?

Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts

@Heisa ah I see do you recommend auto for starting velocity or the default 1550?

I think this is all about preference. The aerial bot can be more consistent if set the starting velocity, but if you're new to the tool then I would use auto.

Heisa

Heisa

RocketLeague Dev

• RocketLeague Dev
  • 1,523 posts

It really depends on how familiar you are with the game and your playstyle, you should ask yourself if you need to beat your opponents to the ball, or is that not the case at your current MMR

JoeySalads

JoeySalads

• Members
  • 9 posts

@Heisa sorry to keep bothering you but what exactly does match speed do? does it do anything in the air if you have auto boost off or only on the ground? when should I enable/disable it? Also is there a reason not to set all correction values to the minimum?

JoeySalads

JoeySalads

• Members
  • 9 posts

@Heisa I think something you could do for upside down mode is basically just have it behave completely like normal aerial mode except it will try to use the top front to hit the ball for example if the ball is above the goal right now it will usually hit it with the front wheels or bottom of the car when it would be much better better to hit it with the top front if you know what I mean. Essentially it will try to orient to use that top front part of the car so that it has the best hitbox to hit the ball.

Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts

@Heisa sorry to keep bothering you but what exactly does match speed do? does it do anything in the air if you have auto boost off or only on the ground? when should I enable/disable it? Also is there a reason not to set all correction values to the minimum?

Okay so I'm pretty sure match speed doesn't do anything in the air. Match speed will try and make your car go the same speed as the ball on the ground. Turning on/off auto boost doesn't change that.

You really shouldn't have to enable/disable things using this tool. You should be able to find good settings and then not have to change them for awhile. I would enable match speed because it helps with dribbles and it helps your car line up a shot. It's personal preference. I would mess around with the tool until you find out what settings you like to use :)

You really do want you're correction values somewhere in the middle or use automatic. Correction values are the things that actually shoot the ball into the goal. If you had all of the values set to the minimum then it would have a hard time scoring. If you set them too high then it would go for too much of an angle and miss. I would personally use automatic correction values unless you know what you're doing.

Also I'm pretty sure you should be posting on the support and suggestion panel?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RL, RocketLeague

34 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 33 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)